laugardagur, 14. maí 2016

Verse of the day and Earl grey

Today is may 14th and its a nice beautiful day, The sun is shining. It may not seem special but to me it certainly is. During Spring in my national country, Iceland, we don't get a lot of sun, so to me it is a beautiful day to be alive and alive with god. 

This morning i sat down with my earl grey and searched for my verse of the day on the porch in the back yard. As i looked i came across a psalm. Anyone who knows me knows i love psalms. They are my favourite thing to read in the bible. My favourite one is psalm 42, if you want to check that out, but that is not the one I'm going to share with you today. The one I'm going to share with you today is psalm 17. Written of king David. you can read it in it's entire here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+17&version=NIV

We all read and interpret the verses and psalms on our own way, they can mean different things to us based on the things that have happened to us and what is happening right now. But in this psalm, in the way i interpret it, David is telling his lord that he has done everything he was suppose to and wants lord to hear his prayer.
in verse 5, he says,  ''My steps have held to your paths, my feet have not stumbled.''

In that verse he tells his lord that he has held on to what god told him to do and not betrayed him. I can relate to that, Ever since i became a solider in the salvation army i have kept my promises to god. f.x i have not used alcohol nor smoked a cigarette, (i never had before though) I have kept god in my life as a best friend and i have done my best to help the world and the people around me.

Thank you for reading my blog for the day and if you have any questions for me i would be more than glad to help you, send me an E-mail at Sigrunm13@gmail.com and i will take my time and knowledge to answer you and help as i can. 

God bless you, 
Maria. 

Engin ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli